Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Girl Scout Cookie Time!

In case you are living in a dark hole somewhere you have undoubtedly experienced Girl Scout cookies at some point in your life, and they are good.

Well it's that time of year that my girl and her troop are selling them again.

I will be honest last year, we sold a little here and there and participated in the booth sales as required but nothing major.

This year I have been volunteering as the co-leader and Rose really got involved and excited in the Fall Product Sales.  So when it came to Cookie Sales, she set her goal and we are helping her work towards it.



Now the thing I like, and am encouraging with her and all the girls, is that this is their business.  So her Dad and I will help her, as every business has employees, but it is her business and she has to do the brunt of the work.

Her goal this year is 900 boxes.  For some of you that might be chump change but for us, it's a lot! Plus it will allow her to earn a free week at camp - and when your momma just quit her job that's a big deal!

So I've got a Pintrest board going with Girl Scout Cookie ideas, and some she will probably elect to do - especially some form of the thank you cards for future business.

But my business background left me feeling a little lacking as we tried to track sales via the sales paper we were given.  So I created this Cookie Sales Tracker file (linked here to Google Docs - feel free to copy and use!) and Rose entered all of the sales so far!

Total Boxes0Total Dollars$0.00Troop Dollars$0.00000000000
2015 Girl Scout Cookie Sales$3.50 Cookie ShareThanks-A-LotCranberry Citrus CrunchLemonadesShortbreadThin MintsPeanut Butter PattiesCaramel DelightsPeanut Butter SandwichesTotal PackagesAmont DuePaid
SortGroupFirst NameLast NameAddressCityStateZipPhoneEmail0$0.00
1
2
3
4

Already I love it because it quickly allows us to quickly add totals, check dollar amounts, see counts on cases, etc. and for an Excel nerd like me it makes my heart smile.  It also made me very proud to see both of my kids want to type and enter the information and happy to see them learning to type!

I hope that it helps someone else and as I figure out some more I will add them! #cookieboss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! Please remember that this is intended to be a positive, uplifting space and comments will be removed that are not initiated with such a spirit.