Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Grandma Jane's No-Bake Cookies

One of the greatest memories I remember from my youth with my Grandma is making cookies with her.  Two of our favorites were Oatmeal Raisin and No-Bake Cookies.  Now I'm a huge fan of Otis Spunkmeyer's Oatmeal Raisin and have since crafted a recipe that I like a little more....nothing, I mean nothing can touch my Grandma's No-Bakes!

During #Snowpocalypse2015 we broke down last night and prepared to make the cookies.  I began the search for the recipe and Bodie teased he thought that I knew it by heart.  Looking at the recipe I should!

Rose and I got out the ingredients and got to cooking!  These may have turned out a little firmer than normal due to the extra peanut butter scooped out of the bottom of the jar, but I promise they ate just fine!  

We even delivered a little container to our neighbor who gave us flour last night so we could make our homemade pizzas!  

Recipe is as follows, hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Grandma Jane's No-Bake Cookies

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

Mix sugar, salt and cocoa in pan.  Add butter and milk.  Bring to a full boil.  Boil for 1 1/2 minutes (it's important that you don't start this time until you reach a full boil otherwise you will have  a goopy spoonworthy cookie!).  Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.  Stir until cooled and thickened.  Drop by spoonfuls on aluminum foil or waxed paper.  Store in airtight container.

My lessons learned - layout foil before you start you won't have time when it's cooling.  Make sure you reach a full boil before starting your timer - have it ready to just hit go!  Let the pan cool before scrapping it for the leftover goodies!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! Please remember that this is intended to be a positive, uplifting space and comments will be removed that are not initiated with such a spirit.